This Banana Rhubarb and Raspberry Slice not only looks amazing, it tastes sensational. The sweetness of the ripe bananas paired with the tartness of the rhubarb really is is a match made in heaven.
My kids are both back at school as of today and seeing as this Banana Rhubarb and Raspberry Slice is their current favourite snack, it’s only fitting that I share it here in the membership. I can’t wait to hear how you love this, I hope it will be added to your planner and become your families new favourite too. Feel free to experiment with other fruits for the topping or if you prefer, you could just make the banana cake part.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements.
Banana Rhubarb & Raspberry Slice
- 125 g butter - at room temperature
- 25 g coconut sugar or rapadura - 2 tbsp (optional)
- 2 free-range or organic egg/s
- 250 g banana/s - they need to be very ripe (1 cup approximately)
- 1 tsp vanilla - powder, extract or essence
- 100 ml milk - of choice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ sea salt
- 200 g wholemeal spelt flour - (1¾ cups approximately)
- 2 stems rhubarb
- 140 g fresh raspberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F (fan-forced). Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, vanilla, milk and cinnamon in a high speed blender for a minute. Thermomix, 1 minute, speed 5.
- Add the bicarb and salt and blend for a couple of seconds. Add the flour and fold through the mixture. Thermomix, flour symbol, a couple of turns until the flour is mostly incorporated into the wet. Finish with a spatula if necessary.
- Place in a lined slice tin and top with finely sliced rhubarb and raspberries. Bake for 20 minutes or until the centre is cooked.
- Airtight in the fridge or freezer.