It is said we eat first with our eyes – well if this is the case then this nutritious pretty Breakfast Parfait satisfies from the get go. Think layers of colour and flavour with nourishing whole grains and nutty protein.
My kids sometimes complain about muesli and yoghurt for breakfast, but just love it when I serve this healthy Breakfast Parfait. Go figure – the same thing just presented a little differently! They also love this as a healthy after school snack, waiting in the cup holder in the car.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and more, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to check them out.
- 2 cups homemade toasted muesli
- 250 g full-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 cup mixed berries (frozen is fine or stewed fruit like rhubarb and apple)
- ¼ cup flaked almonds -toasted
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 passionfruit -flesh
- Layer each ingredient into four tumbler glasses or glass jars, starting with a few spoonfuls of yoghurt, and alternating layers of muesli and fruit and finishing with the yoghurt.
- Top with toasted almonds, berries or optional extras.
- Serve immediately.