This Cashew Queso – “queso” being Spanish for cheese, is a delicious, cheesy vegan dip would have to be one of the quickest and easiest to make low GI snacks. It’s delicious served with a rainbow of vegetable crudites or corn tortillas.
Make it as a stand alone dip or a side to go with any Mexican inspired meal and you’ll have rave reviews!
Remember to take a look at the variations (below the main recipe).
Cashew Queso (vegan cheese dip or sauce)
- 140 g raw cashew nuts – (1 cup/s)
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove/s garlic
- 1 chipotle chilli in adobo sauce
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Place all ingredients together in a high speed blender or processor. Process until smooth and creamy, approximately 1 minute. Thermomix, 2 minutes, speed 8 (scraping sides).
- If you find it’s too thick, add more water. If it’s not quite thick enough, add more cashew nuts.
- Place in a serving dish and chill until ready to enjoy.