A healthy after school or weekend snack for kids and adults alike…this filling, delicious Fruit Whip is just the thing. Just don’t tell them about the secret creamy ingredient – avocado! The first time my daughter saw me put the avocado in the Thermomix, she went into protest mode. She had no where to go though when I told her that it was the way I had made it for many years now! She had to get over it because she loves it! But to begin with, you may want to distract your kids when the avocado goes in!
Avocado is a fibre rich source of potassium and healthy monounsaturated fat (amongst many other things). It’s anti-inflammatory and supports heart, brain and eye health. There’s more potassium and plant given goodness from the banana and anti-oxidant rich berries. The natural yogurt is important for digestive health. For more on the health benefits of yogurt and my favourite brands, click here.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements.
Fruit whip - with a little hidden goodness
- 1 avocado/s (medium-large) flesh
- 1 banana/s
- 100 g frozen raspberries (1 cup) or blueberries or mixed berries
- 7 tbsp full-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or honey -optional
- 1 tsp vanilla -extract, paste or powder
- Throw it all in a blender or processor and blend until smooth and creamy (thermomix 30 seconds, speed 6)
- Serve it in a cup with a spoon. You can add a little milk, coconut or almond milk if it is too thick or to turn this into a smoothie.
- Trust me, they will NEVER know!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.