This delicious breakfast Granola with Chai Spiced Nut Clusters is a mouthwatering combination of flavours and textures and my latest twist on Jamie Oliver’s ‘recipes to save your life.’
It’s such an honour to be selected by JamieOliver.com to put my spin on 10 of Jamie’s recipes. He has always been one of my favourite foodies and such an inspiration to me. Check out all 10 of the fabulous brekkie recipes here.
If you’re after more than muesli or cereal for brekkie, check out my fabulous collection of healthy, delicious breakfast recipes that take 5-10 minutes to make (yes, in the real world), click HERE.
So here it is, my spin on Jamie’s DIY Oaty Fruit Cereal….I hope you enjoy it!
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit many specific dietary requirements.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and meals, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to take a look.
Granola with Chai Spiced Nut Clusters
- 450 g nuts (3 cups) I used almonds, macadamias, pecans, cashews and hazelnuts
- 35 g sesame seeds (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- Pinch sea salt
- 6 tbsp rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 270 g rolled oats (3 cups) or you could use quinoa and millet flakes for gluten-free
- 200 g shredded coconut (2 cups)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180℃/350℉.
- In a small bowl mix all of the spices to make a chai spice mix.
- Take two baking trays.
- Line one of the baking trays with a silicon coated baking paper (I use 'If You Care' brand). To this add your nuts and sesame seeds and toast in your preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add half the spice mix. Toss to coat the nuts.
- Now drizzle with 3 tablespoons of sweetener so that most of the nuts and seeds are coated.
- In the second baking tray place the oats (or GF flaked grain), coconut, remaining spice mix and toss to mix.
- Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sweetener.
- Bake both trays for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the nuts to cool completely.
- Stir the oat/coconut mix and bake for another 10 minutes or until toasted to your liking.
- Once they are cool, break the nuts up into clusters and mix through the toasted oats/coconut.
- With the yoghurt, milk and fruit of your choice.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month.