With Mother’s Day approaching I thought I’d share a gorgeous little recipe that my whole family adores – a healthy, yet easy to make Healthy Breakfast Tart. This recipe also features on JamieOliver.com as my spin on the great man’s Mini super-fruit breakfast wraps.
I know this Healthy Breakfast Tart might look a bit complicated and decadent but it really is neither. It’s also extremely versatile and intolerance friendly and you can alter the toppings to suit your tastes or to what ever is in season.
So Happy Mothers Day to each and every amazing mumma. I hope your family spoil you rotten!
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit any specific dietary requirements.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and meals, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to take a look.
Healthy Breakfast Tart
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 120 g mixed nuts or seeds (¾ cup)
- 65 g rolled oats (⅔ cup) or rolled quinoa flakes
- 60 ml coconut oil (¼ cup) melted if solid
- 50-85 g rice malt syrup or honey (3 tbs to ¼ cup approx.) taste the batter and alter the sweetness to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla -paste or powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp water
- Greek or coconut yoghurt
- Fresh or stewed fruit of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 180℃/ 350℉. Grease a spring form round or rectangle tin.
- In a food processor grind the chia to a fine meal (TMX 10 seconds, speed 8).
- Add the nuts and/or seeds and grind to a meal (TMX 7-8 seconds, speed 8).
- Now add the rest of the base ingredients and pulse to just combine and break up the oats (TMX turbo x 3-4 pulses). It should form a dough that sticks together when pressed.
- Press into your spring form tin with wet finger tips and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool until warm, then remove from the tin.
- Top with unsweetened Greek or thick-set natural yoghurt and top with fresh fruit (fig, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi-fruit, mint) or even stewed fruit.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.