This dukkah spice mix is one of those condiments that I always have in the fridge. It is really easy to make and this delicious collection of nuts, seeds and aromatic spices is so versatile and adds an amazing flavour to many simple meals. My favourite ways to eat it are:
- Sprinkled on poached or scrambled eggs
- Over steamed vegetables
- Over a simple green salad
- With olive oil and a good crusty sourdough
- With hummus (recipe here)
- On a baked potato or sweet potato
- Over avocado with lime (avocado and dukkah on toast is delicious)
- Delicious with my Moroccan Carrot Salad
- Make some gut healing Labne and roll it in dukkah for a delicious savoury cheese
- In this Red Cabbage Slaw (recipe here).
As well as tasting amazing, it also adds extra nourishment to your meals. The macadamia nuts are a fabulous source of protein, essential fats and many minerals and antioxidants. The sesame seeds are a rich source of calcium and magnesium. The chia are also a great source of omega-3 essential fats. The spices are wonderful warming antioxidants and also have anti inflammatory properties.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit many specific dietary requirements.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and meals, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (and home delivered), click HERE to take a look.
- 190 g macadamia nuts (1½ cups) lightly toasted
- 70 g sesame seeds (½ cups) lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor or Thermomix, pulse the macadamia nuts so they are roughly chopped.
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients and store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge to use whenever you feel like it.
- You can adjust the spices and seasoning to your own taste.
- In an airtight jar in a cool cupboard or the fridge or freezer.