The summer swelter is in full swing here in Australia. With many days this week too hot to even contemplate turning the oven on, I’ve been experimenting with icy treats so I thought I’d share my favourite so far – a Lime Coconut Popsicle.
I’ve frozen half of this batch into little cups for the kids to take to school when they are back. I pack them from frozen and by morning tea time they are soft ice cups that they just love (they eat them with a small spoon). If you are after more lunchbox inspiration, my ‘Well Nourished Lunchbox’ ebook has a 150 pages of inspiration and information. Find out more or shop HERE.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit many specific dietary requirements.
Lime Coconut Popsicles
- 270 ml canned coconut milk (I used the Ayam brand)
- 4 lime/s (½ cup or 120ml) plus zest one lime
- 60 ml rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup (¼ cup)
- 60 ml coconut water (¼ cup) or plain water
- 1 avocado/s -peeled and stone removed
- 25 g shredded coconut -toasted
- In a powerful blender or food processor, blend all of the ingredients (except the shredded coconut) together until smooth and creamy. TMX 30 sec, speed 9.
- Taste and adjust the sweetest to suit your taste (I like a lot of tang, but you can add more sweetener if you find them too tart).
- Sprinkle a little toasted coconut into the base of your popsicle moulds, followed by the blended mixture. Add a popsicle stick and freeze until solid.
- Remove from the moulds to enjoy.