This week’s recipe, One Pan Chicken Fajitas, is one of many fabulous recipes in this years incredible Healthy Meal Planning bundle (along with 28 of my own recipes). I made it for my family during the holidays and they just loved it so I thought I’d better share it. Thanks to Heather from Passion For Savings for agreeing to let me feature it. It’s super quick and easy to make, with just one pan to wash (always a bonus) and it’s really, really tasty. It can also be easily customised to suit your tastes and food goals.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit many dietary requirements.
These One Pan Chicken Fajitas are a delicious, quick, easy and healthy dish to add to your meal plan. It's fast family food at it's best.
- 1 lb / 4-500 grams boneless skinless chicken breasts (I've also used thigh meat)
- 2 red capsicum (peppers)
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Prepare fajita seasoning by mixing all of the spices together. Set aside
- Cut the chicken, onion and bell peppers into thin strips and place on a sheet pan or baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with homemade fajita seasoning.
- Toss with tongs or spatula to get everything evenly coated.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes (stir halfway through).
Serve in lettuce wraps with cheese and your favourite toppings!
I've served it here with cheddar, coriander (cilantro) leaves, radish and fresh lime juice. But you can tailor this to suit your families needs and tastes.
Onion and garlic-free
You can omit them all, the other spices add loads of flavour.
I'd love to hear how you enjoy this simple, delicious meal. Let me know by posting a comment below.