Following on from my ‘Coconut Water‘ post, I thought I’d share one of my favourite summer smoothie combos – my Pine Lime Spice is simply delicious and a whole lot more medicinal than you’d think. I love the taste of coconut water though I know a few people who just don’t. So if you want to benefit from the impressive mineral profile and hydration from coconut water – without the taste, then try it in this delicious rehydration drink (or mixer).
The pineapple is very anti-inflammatory, supports digestion and reduces mucous production (this is a great drink if you have a cold, especially with the mint and ginger added). It is also a very rich source of Vitamin C along with the lime. The coconut water, I’ve written about here. Most of all, it is refreshing and delicious!
Pine Lime Splice
- 350 ml coconut water (approx.)
- 1 cup ice
- 4-5 cm pineapple -diced and cored
- ½ lime/s -juice
- 1 tsp vanilla -powder, extract or essence
- 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves -optional but delicious
- Throw it all into powerful blender or food processor and process at the highest speed until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be frozen into little cups or ice-block moulds for a fast, healthy snack another day.
Make it mintyAdd a few sprigs of fresh mint it's super delicious.
More anti-inflammatoryAdd a little ginger and/or turmeric.
Coconut-freeReplace the coconut water with a nut milk.
Ice blocksFreeze it into ice block moulds for a refreshing, healthy, frozen treat. Even add cubes of pineapple into the mould for a bit of texture.
A tropical cocktailAdd a shot of vodka for a tropical inspired cocktail.
How do you like this tropical delight? Love to hear what you think?