These sweet, raw bliss balls are a quick and easy treat to break up the chocolate overload this Easter. My kids named them ‘Easter Bunny tails’ when they helped me make them…because apparently raspberry coconut bliss balls ‘sounds boring’.
Cashews are a great source of monounsaturated fats, antioxidants, and magnesium (nut-free variation below the main recipe). Anti-inflammatory properties and more antioxidants galore from nature’s candy ‘raspberries.’
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements.
These Raspberry Coconut Bliss Balls are a bit of a change from the usual chocolate bliss balls. They are really easy to make and so delicious.
- 70 g (½ cup) cashew nuts (nut-free below)
- 80 g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetener (rice malt syrup or maple syrup)
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
- ¼ cup extra desiccated coconut (to roll them in)
- Grind your cashew nuts in a food processor (TMX 5 seconds, speed 7)
- Add the coconut, raspberries, sweetener and optional lemon zest.
- Mix to combine (TMX 10 seconds, speed 5).
- Roll into balls and then roll in more coconut if you like.
Store in the freezer and serve from frozen. Enjoy!
As with any raw treat, these don’t hold up to heat well. I always store them in the freezer and if packing in a lunchbox, pack from frozen and against and ice brick.
Substitute the cashews with toasted sunflower seeds or rolled oats (grind as you would the nuts but no longer gluten or grain-free if using oats). For 150 pages of nut-free recipes and lunchbox inspiration, take a look at my best selling ebook 'The Well Nourished Lunchbox'. Click HERE to read the rave reviews and find out more.
Choose rice malt syrup as your sweetener.
Substitute the coconut with more nut meal or oatmeal.
Can't help but want chocolate? Add a tablespoon of cacao to make them choc-raspberry.
You can shop for heavily discounted, top quality ingredients to make this recipe - take a look at this fabulous product bundle with everything you need, delivered to your door so you can start cooking now! Click THIS LINK, it's that simple.