Valentines Day is upon us, so I thought I’d share this easy to prepare low-fructose, gluten free raw vegan strawberry cheesecake. Nothing says I love you like chocolate and strawberries…or this delicious, healthy dessert.
A treat that is also nourishing!
Yep, this is so healthy, you serve it up to your loved one for breakfast! The base is a combination of nuts and flaxseed for healthy oils, minerals and fibre. The cacao contributes antioxidant rich chocolate flavour and the coconut products are antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and healing to the digestive system. The filling is a dairy free combination of cashew nuts (more essential minerals, protein, fats and fibre), highly nutritious coconut water and antioxidant-rich strawberries.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and meals, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to check them out.
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
- 80 g hazelnut meal (½ cup)
- 15 g flaxseed (2 tablespoons) ground
- 15 g cacao (2 tablespoons)
- 15 g desiccated coconut (2 tablespoons)
- 30 g coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- 65 g rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup (3 tablespoons)
Strawberry cream filling
- 150 g raw cashew nuts (1 cup) raw and soaked for 2-3 hours in water and drained
- 150 g fresh hulled strawberries (the more flavoursome the strawberries, the better this will be)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds -preferably white
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla -powder, extract or essence
- 3 tbsp coconut water
For the base
- In a bowl or food processor, combine your hazelnut meal, flaxseed meal, raw cacao and coconut.
- Add the coconut oil and rice malt syrup and mix until well combined and the mixture holds together when pressed.
For the filling
- Process the soaked cashews until smooth and creamy.
- Add the strawberries and process again.
- Add the chia, vanilla, and coconut water and process until smooth.
- Assemble in a small glass by pressing the chocolate base into the glass and top with the strawberry cream.
- Chill until set, garnish with heart shaped strawberry halves and serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Another nut comboYou can sub the hazelnut meal for almond meal and macadamia nuts can sub the cashew nuts
VeganChoose rice malt or maple syrup as your sweetener.
I love to receive feedback on all of my recipes and posts. You can leave your comment below...