Valentines Day is upon us, so I thought I’d share this easy to prepare low-fructose, gluten free raw vegan strawberry cheesecake. Nothing says I love you like chocolate and strawberries…or this delicious, healthy dessert.
A treat that is also nourishing!
Yep, this is so healthy, you serve it up to your loved one for breakfast! The base is a combination of nuts and flaxseed for healthy oils, minerals and fibre. The cacao contributes antioxidant rich chocolate flavour and the coconut products are antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and healing to the digestive system. The filling is a dairy free combination of cashew nuts (more essential minerals, protein, fats and fibre), highly nutritious coconut water and antioxidant-rich strawberries.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and meals, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to check them out.
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
- 80 g hazelnut meal (½ cup)
- 15 g flaxseed (2 tablespoons) ground
- 15 g cacao (2 tablespoons)
- 15 g desiccated coconut (2 tablespoons)
- 30 g coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- 65 g rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup (3 tablespoons)
Strawberry cream filling
- 150 g raw cashew nuts (1 cup) raw and soaked for 2-3 hours in water and drained
- 150 g fresh hulled strawberries (the more flavoursome the strawberries, the better this will be)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds -preferably white
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla -powder, extract or essence
- 3 tbsp coconut water
For the base
- In a bowl or food processor, combine your hazelnut meal, flaxseed meal, raw cacao and coconut.
- Add the coconut oil and rice malt syrup and mix until well combined and the mixture holds together when pressed.
For the filling
- Process the soaked cashews until smooth and creamy.
- Add the strawberries and process again.
- Add the chia, vanilla, and coconut water and process until smooth.
- Assemble in a small glass by pressing the chocolate base into the glass and top with the strawberry cream.
- Chill until set, garnish with heart shaped strawberry halves and serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.