This delicious smoked salmon salad is so simple to prepare and has a combination of healthy, mood elevating whole food flavours to satisfy and leave you feeling great. Grain-free, gluten, dairy and fructose free.
Why is it so good?
Each and every ingredient contributes vitamins, minerals, proteins and good oils that support optimal brain and neurological functioning. All in a flavour combination, that tastes delicious!
For more great stress busting foods and recipes, check out this post – 10 anti stress foods that are good for you.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit many specific dietary requirements.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and meals, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to take a look.
Smoked Salmon, Walnut and Avocado salad
- Large salad bowl or platter of mixed leaves -I like rocket and baby spinach, but any kind will do
- 1 large avocado -halved, peeled and cubed
- 200 g hot smoked salmon fillet
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes -halved
- 60 g walnuts (½ cup) lightly toasted
- 1 red onion -halved and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp capers -drained
- 1 lemon -zest and juice
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup) extra virgin*
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Pinch sea salt
- Ground black pepper -to taste
- *Note: As the amount of juice from a lemon varies, you should aim to have roughly the same amount or slightly more olive oil than the juice. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Place the leaves into a bowl or onto a platter. Arrange all of the other ingredients on top.
- For the dressing place, all of the ingredients into a jar and shake until combined or mix together well in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the salad, just before serving.