This delicious smoked salmon salad is so simple to prepare and has a combination of healthy, mood elevating whole food flavours to satisfy and leave you feeling great. Grain-free, gluten, dairy and fructose free.
Why is it so good?
Each and every ingredient contributes vitamins, minerals, proteins and good oils that support optimal brain and neurological functioning. All in a flavour combination, that tastes delicious!
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit many specific dietary requirements.
Smoked Salmon, Walnut and Avocado salad
- 200 g leafy greens -I like rocket and baby spinach, but any kind will do
- 1 avocado/s (large) halved, peeled and cubed
- 200 g hot smoked salmon fillet
- 8 cherry tomatoes -halved
- 60 g walnuts (½ cup) lightly toasted
- 1 red onion/s -halved and sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp capers -drained
- 1 lemon/s -zest and juice
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup) extra virgin
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Pinch sea salt
- ground black pepper -to taste
- Place the leaves into a bowl or onto a platter. Arrange all of the other ingredients on top.
- For the dressing place, all of the ingredients into a jar and shake until combined or mix together well in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the salad, just before serving.