I’ve always loved a good smoked salmon dip but up until recently had never actually made it myself. Now that I have, it is definitely going to become my go-to dip when entertaining. Not only is it delicious, but it is really healthy and super easy to make.
Most store bought dips contain dangerous vegetable oils so I always avoid them. This dip not only combines the lovely essential fats and protein in the salmon but a little gut support via the yoghurt.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit many specific dietary requirements.
Smoked Salmon Dip (in 5 minutes)
- 100 g hot smoked salmon or trout (approx. one fillet) flaked
- 3 tbsp full-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Chives -or dill or parsley, finely diced (whatever you taste preference)
- ½ lemon/s -zest finely grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper -to taste
- Pop the fish into a bowl and gently flake apart with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold through until combined.
- Serve with your favourite healthy crackers or even on toast for breakfast or lunch.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Can also be frozen.