I’ve always loved a good smoked salmon dip but up until recently had never actually made it myself. Now that I have, it is definitely going to become my go-to dip when entertaining. Not only is it delicious, but it is really healthy and super easy to make.
Most store bought dips contain dangerous vegetable oils so I always avoid them. This dip not only combines the lovely essential fats and protein in the salmon but a little gut support via the yoghurt.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit many specific dietary requirements.
A super quick, delicious dip that's sure to wow a crowd.
- 100 g (approx. one fillet) hot smoked salmon or trout, flaked
- 3 tablespoons natural or Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chives, dill or parsley, finely diced (whatever you taste preference)
- Zest half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baby caper berries
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pop the fish into a bowl and gently flake apart with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold through until combined.
Serve with your favourite healthy crackers or even on toast for breakfast or lunch.
Sub the yoghurt with cashew nut cream.
I have an awesome selection of simple dips and savoury cracker recipes in my best selling ebook 'The Well Nourished Lunchbox'. Click HERE to find out more and read the amazing reviews.