These easy to make Strawberry Cream Gummies are a delicious, gut healing treat that my whole family loves (including Bonnie Blue my 6 month old puppy). She knows what’s good for her 😉
I regularly make gummies treats for my family to support their gut health and immune system. The limit is your imagination when making different flavoured gummies. If you’re after more ideas, check out my Lemon Turmeric, and Top Deck (chocolate) gummy recipes too.
Gelatin is made from the bone and connective tissue of animals that has been dried and turned into a powder.
The biggest benefit of eating Gelatin, in my opinion, is that it is a gut healer, which means better nutrient absorption (so greater nourishment) all round. Also, if your gut is functioning well, then your nervous system is better supported too. Gelatin also reduces inflammation, improves joint integrity and for the vain amongst you – it improves the condition of your skin, hair and nails. In fact, it’s said to be better then botox (and erase wrinkles, stretch marks and cellulite) – now I’ve got your attention!
I only buy the Changing Habits Organic Gelatin. Because Gelatin is derived from animals, I like to know I am consuming the best quality product with the least chemical loading. You can find out more or shop for it HERE.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements.
Strawberry Cream Gummies
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup - optional
- 125 g strawberries (1 cup -heaped) frozen then defrosted berries provide the best flavour
- 250 ml boiling water (1 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla - essence or paste
- 4 tbsp grass-fed or organic gelatin
- In a small pot, heat the coconut milk and maple syrup over a low heat until luke warm (don't over heat it).
- Add 2 tablespoons of the gelatin and allow to bloom, mixing it well to combine. Continue to mix over the very low heat until it dissolves.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the strawberries until it forms a pulp. You can strain off the seeds if you wish, for a really smooth gummy (I personally don't bother).
- Add the boiling water and vanilla, blend again then add the remaining 2 tablespoons of gelatin and process for a minute or so until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Line a slice tray with baking paper. Pour in the coconut cream layer. Then gently pour over the strawberry layer (swirling as you pour creates the pattern on the top).
- Pop into the fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Heat the coconut milk and maple syrup 3 mins, 60, speed 3. Add 2 tablespoons of the gelatin and mix 1 min, speed 5. Pour into a lined slice tray.
- Rinse the bowl and process the strawberries 1 min speed 8. Add the boiling water, mix 10 seconds speed 4. Add the remaining gelatin and blend 1 minute, speed 5.
- Then gently pour over the strawberry layer (as above). Pop into the fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
- In an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Can be packed from frozen into the lucnhbox (against an ice brick to keep it chilled).