With record temperatures this week in Queensland, staying hydrated is a priority. So I whipped up this delicious, refreshing Summer Berry Spritzer. My family loved the flavours and scooping up the berry pulp with the end of the lemongrass stalk too.
The coconut water is nature’s power-ade and I’ve written about its wonderful benefits here. The berries are fabulous antioxidants and the lemongrass is antimicrobial.
Summer Berry Spritzer
- 700 ml coconut water -chilled
- 50 g frozen mixed berries (½ cup)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 4 stalks lemongrass -washed and the fat end crushed and bruised (I just bash it with the rolling pin)
- Divide your ingredients between the glasses.
- As the berries start to soften, prod them with the bruised end of the lemongrass stalk. This realises the lovely flavours of both the berries and the lemongrass.
- Add more ice if required and serve immediately.