This sweet labne (cultured cream cheese), must be one of the easiest desserts ever! It is also a lovely way to finish off a meal with a little digestive boost. For more on why labne is beneficial to your health (and a recipe for how to make it), click here.
I see this as somewhere between a dessert and a cheese board…and something I often serve at a dinner party. Don’t underestimate the simple things in life. This delicious dessert is a real crowd pleaser.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements.
Sweet Labne - a healthy and fast dessert recipe
- 250 g labne (either one large piece or individual balls)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rose water *
- ½ tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp pistachio nuts -shelled, raw and unsalted
- fresh fruit -to garnish (figs, sliced apple, pear, nashi pear, strawberries)
- In a small bowl mix, the syrup rose water and optional cardamon. Drizzle over the labne and garnish with slices of fruit and pistachios.
- Serve as is, or with thin slices of french sourdough, sprouted bread, crust in or even almond biscotti.