By now, you know I love super quick, delicious and nutritious one pan meals. This Rustic Tarragon Chicken is supposed to be rustic so don’t get hung-up on chopping everything up perfectly.
This healthy Rustic Tarragon Chicken recipe is a nourishing one pan complete meal, and is fast and simple to make! Plus it can be pre-prepared and reheated as needed. It contains a perfect balance of protein, fats, fibre and a rainbow of vegetables and herbs.
Rustic Tarragon Chicken, a nourishing one pan bake
- 1 onion -roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -chopped
- 700 g chicken thighs -or drumsticks
- 400 g can cannellini beans -drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots -peeled and roughly diced
- 2 sticks celery -diced
- 1 red capsicum -diced
- 2 small sweet potato -washed and diced
- 3 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves -picked and chopped or 1 tbsp dried
- 60 ml dry white wine (¼ cup)
- 120 ml chicken stock or broth (½ cup) - or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper -to taste
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves -to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180℃/350℉.
- Use an oven proof deep pan (with a lid) or a casserole dish. On a stove top, begin with softening the onion and garlic in a little coconut oil or butter over a moderate heat.
- Push aside and brown the chicken. Take off the heat.
- Now add the cannellini beans, vegetables, tarragon, wine, stock, and seasoning. Mix together roughly to make sure the herbs are evenly distributed.
- Place on the lid and throw in the oven for 50 - 60 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
- Finish with parsley leaves (which adds a real freshness to the dish and more nourishment).
- If you are pushed for time and want to pre-prepare this meal, don't worry about sautéing the onion, garlic, and meat. Just throw all together, cover and refrigerate until you're ready to bake. You will just need to bake it for an extra 10-20 minutes to ensure the meat is cooked. I also often take the lid off for the last 10 -15 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Over chopped salad greens, chopped kale, steamed broccoli and mashed (pureed) cauliflower or potato.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Can also be frozen.