So today the lovely Stace, from A Healthy Mum has been so generous to share a fabulous recipe from her ebook ‘A Healthy Lunchbox.’ The simple things in life are often the best. Made with just two ingredients, these cookies are a perfect balance of good fats and natural sugars. Combined, the result is something incredibly delicious.
To celebrate the new upcoming school term…enter the coupon code LUNCH10 to receive 10% off ‘The Well Nourished Lunchbox’ ebook and bundles.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and coconut, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to take a look.
Two Ingredient Coconut Cookies
- 75 g shredded coconut (¾ cup)
- 1 banana/s -must be ripe
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350℉ and line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper. Toast the coconut in a pan over a medium heat until it is lightly browned.
- Add the banana to a blender with the toasted coconut. Pulse until the mixture comes together and the coconut is fine.
- Shape the mixture into discs and space apart evenly on the baking tray. If the mixture is runny, spoon it onto the tray. Bake the cookies until golden (approximately 25 minutes).
- These cookies are delicious served as is or for something extra special, use them to make healthy ice cream sandwiches. If they go soft, pop them in the freezer and they will crisp up nicely.
- The more ripe the banana the more concentrated its natural sugars are. This makes them especially perfect for baking.
- In the fridge for 3 days or freezer for 1 month