For all of the White Chocolate lovers out there, these healthy white chocolate truffles are a very important part of a delicious Christmas. You could also make these as a gift – they are that good! Just remember to keep them refrigerated!
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements.
Healthy White Chocolate Truffles
- 100 g cacao butter -melted
- 100 g coconut oil -melted
- 160 g rice malt syrup or maple syrup (½ cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla -powder, extract or essence
- 80 g desiccated coconut (1 cup)
- 400 g almond meal (approx. 4 cups)
- Mix the cacao butter, coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla together until well combined. If the weather is cool you may need to do this over a very low heat (or in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water).
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well until combined (I mixed mine in my Thermomix).
- Check the constancy of the mix, if it is not firm enough to roll into balls add a little more almond meal.
- If you are feeling lazy, or would prefer you can press this into a slice tin lined with baking paper.
- I rolled/topped mine with toasted desiccated coconut.
- Either way, pop into the freezer right away until firm.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.