Smoked Salmon, Walnut and Avocado salad
This Smoked Salmon, Walnut and Avocado salad really is 'mood food'. Delicious, easy to prepare and food as medicine.
- 200 g leafy greens -I like rocket and baby spinach, but any kind will do
- 1 avocado/s (large) halved, peeled and cubed
- 200 g hot smoked salmon fillet
- 8 cherry tomatoes -halved
- 60 g walnuts (½ cup) lightly toasted
- 1 red onion/s -halved and sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp capers -drained
- 1 lemon/s -zest and juice
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup) extra virgin
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Pinch sea salt
- Ground black pepper -to taste
Place the leaves into a bowl or onto a platter. Arrange all of the other ingredients on top.
For the dressing place, all of the ingredients into a jar and shake until combined or mix together well in a small bowl.
Drizzle over the salad, just before serving.
Replace the horseradish cream with fresh horseradish or dijon mustard.
Replace the walnuts with toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
Replace the onion with 5 thinly sliced radish.
Vegan or vegetarian
Replace the salmon with diced and grilled tempeh or grilled mushrooms.
Make it more substantial
Add boiled and diced potato or roasted sweet potato. A slice of rye or sprouted sourdough is also delicious.
For lots more sides and salad inspo, take a look at my hugely popular ebook ˜Well Nourished Sides and Salads’- where vegetables become the hero of the dish! It’s great value at just $9.95, click HERE to take a look.
Have you tried this? Let me know if you like it by writing a comment below.