Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie (that will really get you up and on the go)
A quick, easy to make and super nutritious Chocolate breakfast (or anytime) drink.
- 30 g cacao unsweetened Dutch process or raw (2 tbsp)
- ½ avocado/s -flesh scooped out
- 250 ml milk (1 cup) of your choice
- 60 g full-fat natural yoghurt (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp LSA (or almond or hazelnut meal)
- 60 g rice malt syrup or maple syrup -more or less to taste (3 tbsp)
Leftovers can be frozen into little cups or ice-block moulds for a snack another day.
Sweeten with rice malt syrup.
Replace the ground nuts with ground flax (linseed).
Dairy-free and vegan
Replace the milk with a sugar-free nut milk, rice milk, coconut milk or coconut water. Replace the yoghurt with coconut yoghurt.
I often add a scoop of 180 Nutrition Superfood Protein powder (coconut flavour). They have both a whey protein and vegan (dairy-free) options.
Increase the fibre
Add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, rolled quinoa or soaked chia seeds (for gluten free).
Replace the cacao with the flavour you want. Banana, strawberry...the limit is your imagination.
Is this a winner in your home? Let me know by posting a comment.