My Immune Tea is a wonderful remedy for supporting the immune system when it is run down. Sip this tea to help you on the mend.
- 500 ml boiling hot water (2 cups)
- 1 organic ginger tea bag (or a 1 cm slice of fresh ginger root, diced or grated)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric (or a 1 cm fresh piece of root, diced or grated)
- 1 tbsp manuka or raw honey -more or less to taste
- 1 lemon/s -juice and zest
Pour the boiling water over the ginger, turmeric, and optional coconut oil.
Let it sit for a few minutes before adding the zest and juice.
Add the honey then simply sip yourself well.
Simmering the ginger and turmeric root in the water for 5-10 minutes will make a more potent brew.
Add a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil to the tea.
To make it vegan, replace the honey with maple syrup or rice malt syrup.
Do you have any homemade remedies you swear by to prevent or treat colds and flu? I'd love you to share by commenting below.