Puy Lentil Salad
This simple Puy Lentil salad is fibre rich, delicious and a substantial side or meal.
- 200 g puy (French) lentils (cooked**to yield approx. 2 cups)
- 1 red onion/s -halved and sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes -halved
- 1 bunch/s flat-leaf parsley -leaves picked
- 30 g sunflower seeds (¼ cup) toasted
- 100 g feta cheese -crumbled
- 1 lemon/s -zest and juice
- 60 ml olive oil -extra virgin (¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (or chardonnay vinegar)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper -to taste
Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl. Mix the dressing together in a jar or small bowl. Pour over the lentil mix and toss well to coat.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container, refrigerated for a few days.
Cook your lentils (link to cooking instructions below)**
Dairy-free and vegan
Leave out the feta. You might like to substitute with raw or toasted cashew nuts or a vegan cheese.
Replace the onion with 5 thinly sliced radish.
I love a can of tuna mixed through leftovers for a fast, healthy lunch.
**Cooking instructions for the lentils HERE.
For lots more sides and salad inspo, take a look at my hugely popular ebook ˜Well Nourished Sides and Salads’- where vegetables become the hero of the dish! It’s great value at just $9.95, click HERE to take a look.
You can post a comment or question below!