Salmon and Vegetable Curry
This healthy Salmon & Vegetable Curry takes 15 minutes to prepare & cook and is the most delicious way to eat salmon. It's a fast, nourishing family meal.
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 onion/s (small) peeled and diced
- 2 clove/s garlic - crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger root - minced (on a microplane)
- 2 roma tomatoe/s - diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Chilli flakes - to taste
- ½ tsp sea salt - or to taste
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 500 g salmon filllet -skinless and cut into 2cm cubes (approx.)
- 1 red capsicum/s - sliced
- 1 handful green beans - trimmed and halved
- ½ bunch/s fresh coriander leaves - chopped, to serve
- Rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice (to serve)
In a pan over medium heat, heat the butter, ghee or olive oil. Add onions, garlic, ginger and cook until starting to soften but not brown.
Add tomatoes, cumin, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, chill flakes and sea salt and cook for about 1 to 2 mins until fragrant.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer for 2-3 mins.
Add fish, capsicum and beans and cook for about 3 to 5 mins or until cooked through.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Substitute the coconut milk with regular pouring cream or cashew nut cream.
Vegetarian and vegan
Substitute the fish with tempeh, firm tofu, chickpeas or just extra vegetables.
Onion and garlic-free
Replace the onion with finely diced fennel and the garlic with a 2cm spices of finely grated ginger.
I've had a few people say they love this as a chicken curry. Swap the fish for chicken (you'll need to cook for longer until the chicken is cooked through).
How do you like this recipe? Post a comment or rate it below to help me to reach more people with my recipes.