Lime Coconut Popsicles
Slightly sweet. slightly sour - these Lime Coconut Popsicles are a refreshing, yet nourishing treat for a hot day.
Servings: 6 popsicles
- 270 ml canned coconut milk (I used the Ayam brand)
- 4 lime/s (½ cup or 120ml) plus zest one lime
- 60 ml rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup (¼ cup)
- 60 ml coconut water (¼ cup) or plain water
- 1 avocado/s -peeled and stone removed
- 25 g shredded coconut -toasted
In a powerful blender or food processor, blend all of the ingredients (except the shredded coconut) together until smooth and creamy. TMX 30 sec, speed 9.
Taste and adjust the sweetest to suit your taste (I like a lot of tang, but you can add more sweetener if you find them too tart).
Sprinkle a little toasted coconut into the base of your popsicle moulds, followed by the blended mixture. Add a popsicle stick and freeze until solid.
Remove from the moulds to enjoy.
Choose rice malt syrup as your sweetener or sweeten with stevia.
Replace the coconut milk with full-fat cow or nut milk.
Choose rice malt or maple syrup as your sweetener.
Love to hear how you like these zesty ice blocks. Post a comment below.