Choc Hazelnut Truffles
A decadent, easy to make treat - these Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are sure to become a firm favourite. Gluten, grain and dairy-free.
Servings: 30 truffles (approx.)
- 200 g hazelnut meal (2 cups) hazelnuts roasted or dehydrated, skins rubbed off and then ground to a meal, taking care not to over grind it so it becomes oily or nut butter!
- 80 g rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup (¼ cup)
- 100 g shredded coconut (2 cup)
- 100 g coconut oil (½ cup) melted
- 20 g cacao -unsweetened Dutch process or raw
- 1 tbsp vanilla -powder, extract or essence
- 15 g cacao -to coat them (1 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut -to coat them
In a food processor combine on low speed (Thermomix speed 4) the hazelnut meal, sweetener, coconut, coconut oil, cocoa and vanilla until just combined (Thermomix 5 seconds). You can also mix by hand, just make sure the coconut oil is in its liquid form.
You are aiming for a mixture that rolls into small balls easily, so if it's too dry add a little more coconut oil or sweetener, if too wet, add more hazelnut meal.
Mix the extra cacao and coconut together in a small bowl and roll each of the balls to coat.
Place on a tray (in a single layer) and pop in the freezer to set.
They can be made weeks ahead in preparation for Christmas Day.
Choose rice malt syrup as your sweetener.
Replace the hazelnuts with toasted sunflower seeds, ground.
Replace the coconut with more ground nuts.
Choose rice malt or maple syrup as your sweetener.
I LOVE these – how about you? For 10 more Guilt-free Chocolate recipes, subscribe to my FREE newsletter!