Balsamic Spiced Hummus with Dukkah
A delicious twist on the classic, my Balsamic Spiced Hummus with Dukkah is easy to make and sure to please a crowd.
- 425 g can chickpeas -drained and rinsed
- 1 clove/s garlic -finely diced or crushed
- 4 tbsp hulled tahini (halve if using unhulled)
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water -or the liquid from the can (aquafaba) makes it extra creamy
- 2 tbsp olive oil -extra virgin
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt - or to taste
- Ground black pepper -to taste
Add all of the ingredients into your food processor and process until smooth and creamy. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times to get an even consistency.
Serve drizzled with more olive oil and a delicious dukkah.
I also love it topped with pomegranates and coriander.
Simply omit the garlic (there are enough spices for it to still be delicious).
Let me know how this hummus stacks up - post a comment below.