Nut Falafel with a tahini drizzle
This quick and easy legume free falafel makes for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 75 g raw cashew nuts (½ cup)
- 70 g sunflower seeds (½ cup)
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- ¼ bunch/s fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ red capsicum/s - roughly chopped
- 1 clove/s garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 35 g sesame seeds (¼ cup) for coating
- 3 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 lemon/s (small) juice
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup or honey
- ½ tsp sea salt - or to taste
- Water - to thin sauce
Preheat oven to 220℃/430°F (fan-forced). Place approx. ¼ cup of sesame seeds onto a plate.
To make the falafel balls, process all of the ingredients (except the sesame seeds) in a powerful food processor until it forms a course paste (Thermomix 30 seconds, speed 6, scraping the sides until combined).
Form balls (with about a tablespoon of paste) and roll into the sesame seeds.
Place onto a lined baking tray for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the Tahini drizzle, combine all of the ingredients adding enough water (tablespoon by tablespoon) to make a thick sauce.
Replace the garlic with a teaspoon of ground cumin and a pinch of cayenne.
Vegan and fructose friendly
Choose rice malt as your sweetener (in the sauce).
I'd love to hear how you like this legume free falafel. Post a comment or rate this recipe.