Coco-beet Berry Smoothie
This Coco-beet Berry Smoothie is a delicious way to include the super nourishing vegetable beetroot into your day. Try it, you won't be disappointed.
- 100 g frozen raspberries (1 cup) or strawberries or a mix
- 2 tbsp cacao (unsweetened Dutch process or raw)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1-2 tbsp rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- ½ small raw beetroot -peeled and diced
- 250 ml coconut water (1 cup) or Coco Quench is nice too
Blend together in a high powered blender until smooth. Thermomix 30 seconds, speed 9.
Enjoy as part of a very healthy breakfast or snack.
Leftovers can be frozen into little cups or ice-block moulds for a snack another day.
Replace the coconut water with a nut-milk.
Replace the nut butter with tahini (or just leave it out).
Choose rice malt syrup as your sweetener.
I often add a scoop of 180 Nutrition Superfood Protein powder (coconut flavour). They have both a whey protein and vegan (dairy-free) options. Shop for it HERE.
I'd love to hear how you like this veggie boosted smoothie. Post a comment to let me know.