Blueberry, Rocket and Almond Salad
This Blueberry, Rocket and Almond Salad is a delicious, nourishing flavour combination and a beautiful accompaniment to any meal.
- 25 g rocket leaves -washed (1 cup)
- 10 snow peas
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup quinoa -cooked
- 40 g flaked almonds (¼ cup) toasted
- 40 g feta cheese (¼ cup) cow feta or goat, crumbled
- 1 lemon/s (small) juice and zest
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar -or raspberry vinegar
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup or honey
For the salad, combine the ingredients together in your salad bowl.
For the dressing, shake the ingredients together in a jar.
Dress the salad just prior to serving.
Dairy-free and vegan
Just omit the feta or replace it with a vegan cheese.
Replace the almonds with toasted sunflower seeds.
Choose rice malt as your sweetener.
If you're looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and nut meals, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective - great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to check them out.
Love to hear how you like this salad? Also, feel free to share your tips for encouraging your kids to love their salad.