Summer Zucchini Salad
A delicious way to eat zucchini, this Summer Zucchini Salad is a healthy, tasty side.
- 4 zucchini/s (small)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4-5 radish -sliced
- ¼ bunch fresh basil leaves -torn or finely chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley leaves -finely chopped
- 40 g parmesan cheese (¼ cup) shaved
- 25 g flaked almonds (¼ cup) toasted
- ½ lemon/s -juice and zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil -extra virgin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper -to taste
Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, shave the zucchini into ribbons and toss in the sea salt. Set aside for 10-15 minutes (whilst you chop/prepare the rest of the ingredients).
For the dressing, place all of the ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine.
Rinse your zucchini well and drain in a sieve.
Toss the zucchini with the radish, basil, parsley and dressing. Arrange on a serving plate or bowl.
Top with the shaved parmesan and almonds and serve immediately.
Dairy-free and vegan
Omit the parmesan.
Replace the almonds with toasted sunflower seeds.
Add a cup of cooked quinoa (and double the dressing) for a bigger, protein rich salad ‘meal’.
To remove the heat from the radish, slice and soak in the dressing for a few minutes or more, prior to serving. Many kids I know have come around to this normally off limits vegetable by doing this.
Like this salad - let me know by posting a comment below!