Half Shell Scallops
I think this is the most delicious way to eat scallops. The buttery, nutty flavours in this dish compliment this delicate meat and they are really easy to make too.
- 12 half shell scallops -I have used QLD scallops with no roe because I don't like it (told you I was fussy)
- 40 g butter, ghee or macadamia oil -melted
- 1 clove/s garlic -peeled and crushed
- 1 lemon/s -zest finely grated
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley -finely chopped
- 30 g slivered almonds (¼ cup)
Preheat your grill to high 180℃/350°F (fan-forced).
Arrange your scallops on a large baking tray.
Mix together the butter, garlic, lemon zest and parsley.
Spoon a little blob of the mixture onto the flesh of each scallop.
Top with a pinch of slivered almonds.
Pop under the pre-heated grill for 3 minutes (yes they cook super fast)
Replace the butter with ghee (my preference) or macadamia nut oil.
You can replace the almonds with crushed macadamia nuts (I love this version a lot).
Replace the nuts with fresh bread crumbs or just leave off.
I'd love too hear if you try this special starter. Post a comment below or rate this recipe.