Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
This Raw, vegan Strawberry Cheesecake is a simple, healthy dessert that is sure to become a crowd pleaser.
Servings: 4 small serves
- 80 g hazelnut meal (½ cup)
- 15 g flaxseed (2 tablespoons) ground
- 15 g cacao (2 tablespoons)
- 15 g desiccated coconut (2 tablespoons)
- 30 g coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- 65 g rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup (3 tablespoons)
Strawberry cream filling
- 150 g raw cashew nuts (1 cup) raw and soaked for 2-3 hours in water and drained
- 150 g fresh hulled strawberries (the more flavoursome the strawberries, the better this will be)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds -preferably white
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla -powder, extract or essence
- 3 tbsp coconut water
For the base
In a bowl or food processor, combine your hazelnut meal, flaxseed meal, raw cacao and coconut.
Add the coconut oil and rice malt syrup and mix until well combined and the mixture holds together when pressed.
For the filling
Process the soaked cashews until smooth and creamy.
Add the strawberries and process again.
Add the chia, vanilla, and coconut water and process until smooth.
Assemble in a small glass by pressing the chocolate base into the glass and top with the strawberry cream.
Chill until set, garnish with heart shaped strawberry halves and serve immediately.
Another nut combo
You can sub the hazelnut meal for almond meal and macadamia nuts can sub the cashew nuts
Choose rice malt or maple syrup as your sweetener.
I love to receive feedback on all of my recipes and posts. You can leave your comment below...