This delicious Mushroom, Kale and Basil Omelette is a quick and healthy meal! Great as a filling breakfast or for a lighter lunch and dinner!
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements (including dairy-free and more).
Mushroom, Kale and Basil Omelette
- 30 g butter, ghee or olive oil - 2 tbsp
- 80 g mushrooms - sliced (approx 6 mushrooms)
- 2 free-range or organic egg/s - whisked
- 1 stem/s kale - shredded, can also substitute spinach if you prefer
- 1 sprig/s fresh basil leaves - leaves torn
- 30 g cheddar cheese - grated and approx, you can add more or less to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- In a small pan or a crepe pan, melt your butter (or heat the oil).
- Add your mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes over a medium heat, stirring well.
- Pour over the whisked egg and swirl your pan to make sure the mushrooms are covered.
- Add the kale, basil and cheese spreading evenly over the pan.
- Once the edges are set (a minute or so), fold it in half, cook for one more minute and serve.
- Serve with a leafy green salad or micro greens.