These Hazelnut Chai Spice Cookies are a very delicious gluten free, dairy free, grain free, egg free, fructose free and guilt-free treat. They only take minutes to make and are the perfect after school snack or weekend treat for the kids.
Well, firstly hazelnuts are a rich source of protein, essential fats, and fibre. They also contain antioxidants and many minerals. The coconut oil is so very nourishing. You can find out more about its amazing health benefits here. The cinnamon stabilises blood sugar levels for a sustained release of energy. The ginger and cardamon assist digestion.
Take a look at the variations (below the main recipe) for suggestions to alter the recipe to suit your specific dietary requirements.
If you’re looking to save money across pantry items such as nuts, seeds, flours and more, I personally shop at The Wholefood Collective – great whole foods at heavily discounted prices (all home delivered), click HERE to check them out.
Hazelnut Chai Spice Cookies
- 150 g hazelnut meal (1¼ firmly packed cups)
- 55 g coconut oil (¼ cups) melted if solid
- 50-85 g rice malt syrup or honey (¼ cup approx.)
- 1 tsp vanilla -powder, extract or essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp tea -or water (this is important or they will spread)
- Preheat your oven to 150℃/300°F (fan-forced).
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine all of the ingredients above until well combined (Thermomix 5-10 seconds, speed 5).
- Roll tablespoons of the mix in your hands and place them onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Flatten with the back of the fork. Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until starting to brown on top.
- In an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.